Sunday, June 28, 2020

Visitors

Had a few visitors to the garden. My neighbor feeds the birds and I reap the benefits of being able to see what comes along for a meal. Yesterday a pair of cardinals were about all afternoon. I had, just a couple of hours before, dug out a second camera body I had (Canon T4i), deciding that it would be convenient to hook up my seldom used 70-300 zoom lens. In the past when I have thought about catching some close-up snaps of the birds, I would have to go through the process of changing out the lenses. By the time I had done that, I had missed the shot. Now the zoom stands at the ready for use on just such an occasion as yesterday. No if I could figure out how to open the screen door withoug scaring them away...

Female Norther Cardinal

Male Northern Cardinal and what looks to be a Female House Sparrow

"wheet wheet wheet purty purty purty chew chew chew"
Have spent the morning working on a new painting. A seascape, in oil on canvas panel. I got the a quick sketch worked up with a thin wash of burnt sienna. Trying out the oils in my studio for the first time and have decided that I will need a fan going all the time.