Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Island Times 010

Always forget to post my weekly progress here. I uploaded the Island Times episode 10 on Saturday. This past week I chose a little different tack on putting together the video. I spent a little time evaluating the clips and then scripted a theme for the video. Following that script, I built each of the scenes separately into component videos which I composited with transitions into the final product. Seemed to produce a little better story of the week. Wishing that I had a way of improving the quality of the video some. Trying to combine footage from several different types of cameras makes it feel like I am working too hard in post.

Some progress to report from the studio as well. I finished "A New Best Friend," 9x12 inches, acrylic on canvas panel. I am pleased with the outcome but not so much that it is only the first work for 2021. It was a painting that I started over a month ago and then never went back to it until this passed weekend.

"A New Best Friend"