Monday, November 13, 2023

Camcorder Photo

Yesterday I went for a long walk. The goal was to get three more pictures on the film camera to complete the roll of film I had loaded the day before. It was really too bright a day for the ASA 400 film that I had in the camera. Especially shooting down by the water. I guess I will see the results when I develop the film today. I also got to experiment with a red filter. The other goal for the day was to use the camcorder to take photos instead of video. I was quite surprised by the result especially because the form factor of the camcorder makes it hard to see the monitor in the glare and hard to hold steady while pressing the shutter release. It records in jpg format and claims to be a 4k image. I kind of like the dreamy quality of the result. Because I couldn't see the monitor, shooting into the sun, I wasn't sure I was going to even get a usable image. Again I was surprised at the results produced by an 7 year old camera. The sunburst was an added treat.