Saturday, November 25, 2023

Roll of film trashed

That's right.... I loaded a perfectly good roll of film into my lab-box to develop it and lost the whole thing. I forgot to open the film chamber of the lab-box. So when I stripped the backing paper off of the film, none of the film went into the light tight chamber. The complete roll of film was exposed to light when I opened the box to attached the film lead to the take up reel. So bummed to see all of the film come popping out like a jack in the box when I opened the lid. Disappointed also because there were what I hoped would be some very good photos. 

With everything all set up to develop film and nothing to develop, I put a new roll of film into the camera (Yashica Mat 124) and headed down to the beach and hurriedly shot the roll. I developed that properly this time. You can see the results in today's Instagram post. Spoiler alert.. disappointed in that too!