Thursday, July 2, 2020

Osmo Pocket

The open box DJI Osmo Pocket that I purchased on Ebay arrived in yesterday's mail, a day earlier than expected. Cool little (and I mean little) video camera, gimbal and action camera all in one. It looks like the camera DJI  uses on some of their drones, only made to fit in your hand. This Osmo can shoot in 4k, 60fps and will basically allow you to all the things that their gimbal for your cell phone would let you do. It comes with an iPhone and Android adapter that works with their app that you can download. I found some great YouTube videos on how to get the most out of using it. It will fun to use in preparing Instagram stories. The pocket is also expandable with a whole host of accessories. The app is quite good and have found the camera to very compatible with my Samsung Note 10+. Hope to take it for a test drive later this afternoon on a walk.

I have also been fooling around with my Samsung Gear 360 Immersive and wide angle photography has always interested me. I have been looking to use photos taken with the 360 as references for paintings. It takes beautiful stills. Here is a couple of snaps taken in my garden.