Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Progress

The weather on the island continues to be unsettled and not very summery. Until yesterday early afternoon we had been in the midst of a week long showery and foggy time. The fourth of July was pretty quiet what with all the canceled fireworks and parades because of the pandemic social distancing. Then yesterday the clouds blew out, the sun appeared and the air became noticeably cooler and drier. I was up at about 4:30 and the moon was out, still pretty dark but the birds were all abuzz (kind of weird). So I went out to get a few snaps of the early morning moon. The morning started with clear skied and lovely sunshine. I thought it was going to be a continuation of yesterday afternoon, but at the time of this posting it has disappeared again behind overcast skies.

While waiting for my seascape to dry for detailing,  I used the last couple of days to paint the requisite yearly self portrait. I thought it turned out pretty well, and this morning it was dry enough to varnish. Hope to spend the day back painting the seascape I started a number of days ago.

"2020 Self Portrait," 9x12inches, acrylic on canvas panel

This morning's moon