Thursday, November 9, 2023

A Return With Some New Ideas

I have been trying to take back some of my artistic license instead of giving it all away on Instagram. And I think that the way to that end lies in a move back to blogging. Don't really care much who shows up to read it, but rather want to develop a space where I can break free of some of the formatting constraints of Instagram. I have never been a fan of the square or portrait format that IG forces one to work within. I never seem to be able to present what I actually see the way I am experiencing it when I take a photo; particularly panoramic photos. I like the wide angle and vast skies that I shoot with my camera. The cropped look in IG just doesn't do justice to photographing and videoing life by the sea. 

So for starters, I am going to embed my daily posts from IG and then after it, if appropriate, the way the picture was meant to be seen.  

I would have much rather have posted this same picture in landscape mode; like this:

Portland Brick Project (link)