Saturday, November 18, 2023

Perfect Example

Here is a perfect example of what I had to go through to post a panorama on IG. Because Instagram is set up to use a 4:5 or square format in its posts, I had to use Unfold for iOS to format my post in such a way that people could appreciate the beauty of the photos used in the panorama. The images were created by my drone which was flying at an altitude of about 350' and at sunrise. 

I used a feature of the drone camera that allows you to take a panorama of 9 photos. It does this automatically by rotating the camera on its gimbal, take 3 rows of 3 photos/row. It then stitches the photos together while processing the image. Individual images of the panorama are also stored separately on its sd card. I took two of these panoramas and stitched those together into an 18 photo panorama using this software for MacOS.

Here is the post on IG:

Here area the component photos:

Left side 9 photo

Right side 9 photo

Composite panorama