Monday, March 23, 2020

Covid-19 Coping Week 2

Another week of moving through the corona virus pandemic trying to take in disseminated information and filter it into lifestyle modifications. Using the solitude to meditate, virtually catch up with family and friends, spend time in the studio, getting used to carrying my DSLR on walks (leaving phone behind, so that at least for some part of the day, to resist responding to every alert that posts) and taking advantage of online learning through Udemy They have had some great sales on art courses and I am currently taking one on hand drawn 2d animation. I have been a member for several years and in that time I have purchased a number of courses to take at some point in the future. With the pandemic, the future is now!

I spent many hours since my last post blocking in color on the 4th of a portrait series that I have been working on. Making good progress, but this final painting is much more detailed than the others and I am finding I can only take painting on it in doses. In the mean time I have been reacquainting myself with taking photographs with a DSLR. Learning about exposure settings (especially nighttime photography), white balance, manual focus and the different characteristics of the lenses I have. I think that I am having about a 20:1 ratio of good photos to bad through trial and error. Glad I have large capacity SD card. Below are a few of the successes.

Looking South from the TEIA Club


Signs of spring which continues unthwarted by Covid-19
A spring beach day at Hadlock Cove

Whaleback